Insomnia (Redux) Insomnia (Redux)

Absolutely badass, man; the layering of the multiple vocal tracks sounds professional as fuck. You take my music to another level.

PhallicNinja responds:

Bro I only throw my best on your tracks lol. Can't wait for you to start pumping more out again!

Classy Christmas Special Classy Christmas Special

This is actually perfect.

PhallicNinja responds:

Ah, muchas gracias senor! Merry Christmas!

Social Social

Fuck yeah, I was hoping you'd put some vocals to this one haha, and speaking of which they sound better than ever. I thought the lyrics were hilarious and that works for me, it's great stuff. I'm not sure why silly lyrics work so well with metal but they do. That text sound is priceless haha. Nice one man!

Ha thanks bro!
That's my new mic you're hearing, btw ;]
handles high spl vocals much better

Bump in the Night Bump in the Night

I got goosebumps.

PhallicNinja responds:

Ah! thanks man =] I really really do love all your music. I even bought all my new equipment just to do that Maleficent Design project.
(Did you catch that I lengthened your track so you could keep chuggun after the "solo" a little longer? muhahaha)

Can You F*ck A Ghost? Can You F*ck A Ghost?

Dude, this is amazing. This has always been one of my favorite songs of mine and your vocals match up PERFECTLY, especially the mix which sounds especially good. I really like the clean singing too, it just works so well. Great work man!

PhallicNinja responds:

Thanks man! I'd heard it before and wanted to do something with it, but didn't. Then when I read his news post your song instantly came into my head. =D

Maleficent Insomnia Maleficent Insomnia

Holy shit, this song is a lot better with your vocals. Nice work! This wasn't my most well mixed song so sorry about that, haha. You did well though, and the lyrics kick ass, though I'm sure the inspiration for them isn't much fun.

As far as tips on the mixing go, it sounds like maybe the volume of the song itself could be a little bit quieter to give your vocals more room. Still sounds great anyways though. Awesome stuff!

PhallicNinja responds:

Thanks bud =) yeah this is the first test of my new equipment.

Lookin forward to working with you more!!

Old Dust Old Dust

Dude, this is nice. Very atmospheric and creative, though at times it feels a bit too inconsistent, mostly during the 1:58-2:35 time that Shadows mentioned. The nature of creativity is hit and miss like that though, so in a way it's a good sign :)

Overall though this is enjoyable, calming, and interesting. Nice work!

Carr77 responds:

Thanks for the commentt :)

Death and Rebirth Death and Rebirth

Wow.

This is an incredibly subtle and moving piece. Your use of dynamics in the orchestration is quite effectively done, and the progression throughout the song is as I said, moving. Your mission to write something meaningful is most definitely achieved; I'll be honest, I got goosebumps.

The lyrics are very relevant and moving as well, though I couldn't really imagine what type of vocals would fit into the song, so I'm kind of glad you simply left them in written form.

This is some seriously good cinematic music right here. I could easily imagine it in a dramatic movie; suddenly it reminds me of 2001: A Space Odyssey and Book of Eli, which both have excellent musical scores. This is a beautiful song that not only showcases your talent, but also moves the listener's emotions. Awesome.

bassfiddlejones responds:

Thank you for the kind words and for taking time to review, it truly does mean a lot.

Rowdiness Rowdiness

Interesting progressive track you have here. Do you draw inspiration from cheshyre, by any chance? This reminds me a little bit of some of his work in Madness, though this is more positive and less aggressive.

Your main synth in this song is oddly enjoyable; it seems on the edge of being too high pitched and annoying, but it actually never becomes annoying at all imo, and so is effective. You did well on the drums; you should look around on Google for different samples though, as the ones you're using are extremely basic and generic.

Overall this is a nice minimal progressive song. It feels a bit drawn out, but from what I understand, that's how this style of music is supposed to be. Nice work!

MysteriousPiF responds:

Thanks for the review and suggestions

Bucketsong Bucketsong

I love the drums in the first half of this song :3 Great acoustic sound and good humanizing with the dynamics. The guitars also sound really cool with the light rock distortion. I think it would be pretty cool if you made a full oldschool rock/early metal song, and also called it "Dad Rock" of course.

Apparently the only word I can think of to describe this birthday song is "cool", so... cool birthday song!

Lashmush responds:

not sure if i'll be poking with oldschool sounds anytime soon but it's fun to play around with vintage instruments and the early rock movement's way of composing riffs. gives insight into whats "heavy" and why.